+ Reply to Thread

Non Refund of admission fee (Rs 80,000/-) by ICFAI Hyderabad for MBA 2010-12 program.

This is a discussion on Non Refund of admission fee (Rs 80,000/-) by ICFAI Hyderabad for MBA 2010-12 program. within the Education forums, part of the Consumer Forums category; Respected Sirs, I have requested for withdrawal of admission & refund of my admission fee (Rs 80,000/-) for MBA Program ...

Default Non Refund of admission fee (Rs 80,000/-) by ICFAI Hyderabad for MBA 2010-12 program.

Respected Sirs,

I have requested for withdrawal of admission & refund of my admission fee (Rs 80,000/-) for MBA Program 2010-12 through e-mail to ICFAI Hyderabad admission office(info@ibsat.org) on 8th May 2010. Till 30th May 2010 ICFAI Hyderabad have not replied. On 31st May 2010 they have replied that under the heading of withdrawal and refund of fee it was clearly mentioned ďThe students who withdraw from the program on or before 5:00 pm of April 30, 2010 will be refunded the admission fee in May 2010 after deducting the administrative charges as per the UGC guidelines. The students whose withdrawal requests are received after 5:00 pm of April 30, 2010 will not be eligible for refund.Ē
    In view of the above, as you have withdrawn after the due date, we express our inability in processing your request.

But as per UGC refund directive, which clearly mentions that ďa student can request for refund of his admission fee before a day of start of classes with maximum of Rs 1000/- can be deducted & rest of money will return to student" Thus I can request for withdrawal till 14th May and I will be eligible for refund. It is correct that you have mentioned 30th April 2010 as the last day of refund but in the same communication you had also mentioned that preparatory classes will start from 1st May 2010. However, now preparatory classes are starting from 15th May 2010 so last day to be eligible for the refund should be 14th May 2010

Further, I would bring to your kind notice that I had couriered my draft of 80K on 26th March 2010, but it was clearly mentioned by ICFAI Hyderabad that last date to receive the admission fees was 24th March 2010. ICFAI Hyderabad were kind enough to accept my draft and process it even after the last day of 24th March was over . If ICFAI Hyderabad is strict enough regarding last day of refund (April 30th, 2010) so why they have accepted my draft after 24th March 2010.

Another reason (sudden deterioration in my fatherís condition in 1st week of May) behind my decision of withdrawal of admission from IBS Hyderabad. I always wanted to be part of IBS Hyderabad and hence I had made my plans to study way before, but at this stage I am not in a condition to pursue with MBA as I have to arrange for funds for my fatherís treatment and thus will continue working. So request you to refund my admission fee after deducting administrative charges as per UGC refund policy.

I request consumer court to look into this matter to get refund of my hard earned money.

Thanks & Regards,
    Varun Nagpal-09871800160,
    ICFAI Admit Card No.: 1209-702517
    Place: Delhi

Unregistered

Default Refund of Rs.80,000/-

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Nagpal View Post
    Respected Sirs,

I have requested for withdrawal of admission & refund of my admission fee (Rs 80,000/-) for MBA Program 2010-12 through e-mail to ICFAI Hyderabad admission office(info@ibsat.org) on 8th May 2010. Till 30th May 2010 ICFAI Hyderabad have not replied. On 31st May 2010 they have replied that under the heading of withdrawal and refund of fee it was clearly mentioned ďThe students who withdraw from the program on or before 5:00 pm of April 30, 2010 will be refunded the admission fee in May 2010 after deducting the administrative charges as per the UGC guidelines. The students whose withdrawal requests are received after 5:00 pm of April 30, 2010 will not be eligible for refund.Ē
    In view of the above, as you have withdrawn after the due date, we express our inability in processing your request.

But as per UGC refund directive, which clearly mentions that ďa student can request for refund of his admission fee before a day of start of classes with maximum of Rs 1000/- can be deducted & rest of money will return to student" Thus I can request for withdrawal till 14th May and I will be eligible for refund. It is correct that you have mentioned 30th April 2010 as the last day of refund but in the same communication you had also mentioned that preparatory classes will start from 1st May 2010. However, now preparatory classes are starting from 15th May 2010 so last day to be eligible for the refund should be 14th May 2010

Further, I would bring to your kind notice that I had couriered my draft of 80K on 26th March 2010, but it was clearly mentioned by ICFAI Hyderabad that last date to receive the admission fees was 24th March 2010. ICFAI Hyderabad were kind enough to accept my draft and process it even after the last day of 24th March was over . If ICFAI Hyderabad is strict enough regarding last day of refund (April 30th, 2010) so why they have accepted my draft after 24th March 2010.

Another reason (sudden deterioration in my fatherís condition in 1st week of May) behind my decision of withdrawal of admission from IBS Hyderabad. I always wanted to be part of IBS Hyderabad and hence I had made my plans to study way before, but at this stage I am not in a condition to pursue with MBA as I have to arrange for funds for my fatherís treatment and thus will continue working. So request you to refund my admission fee after deducting administrative charges as per UGC refund policy.

I request consumer court to look into this matter to get refund of my hard earned money.

Thanks & Regards,
    The refund request has been forwarded to Admissions Committee. It is in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The refund request has been forwarded to Admissions Committee. It is in the process.
    Finally ICFAI Hyderabad has replied with positive refund of admission fee by deduction of administrative charges of Rs 1000/-

Thanks ICFAI Hyderabad for helping students.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Nagpal View Post
    Respected Sirs,

Thanks & Regards,

Finally ICFAI Hyderabad has replied with positive refund of admission fee by deduction of administrative charges of Rs 1000/-

Thanks ICFAI Hyderabad for helping students.

But as per UGC refund directive, which clearly mentions that “a student can request for refund of his admission fee before a day of start of classes with maximum of Rs 1000/- can be deducted & rest of money will return to student" Thus I can request for withdrawal till 14th May and I will be eligible for refund. It is correct that you have mentioned 30th April 2010 as the last day of refund but in the same communication you had also mentioned that preparatory classes will start from 1st May 2010. However, now preparatory classes are starting from 15th May 2010 so last day to be eligible for the refund should be 14th May 2010

Unregistered

Default Non Refund of admission fees by ICFAI Hyderabad

I have sent repeated emails to info@ibsat.org starting 6th June that I am witdrawing from admission as I am unable to arrane loan for PGPM course.

But I am not getting any repsonse from ICFAI.

Name: SAMIR KUNDU
    Enrollment No.: 11BSP0873
    Admit Card No: 1210-110692

I tried my best to arrange education loan for the PGPM program at IBS Bangalore but I could
    not do it as my father has retired and the bank is not ready to give loan for PGPM program. In such a condition, I am unable to study this course because of my bad financial condition.

I am withdrawing from admission at IBS Bangalore and request you to refund admission fees.
    As per UGC guidelines, student should get refund if he requested for refund before start of regular classes.
    As per ibsindia website, regular classes are from 27th June 2011.

Request you to kindly consider my case as my financial condition is not good.

+ Reply to Thread