+ Reply to Thread

New gas connection reg

This is a discussion on New gas connection reg within the Home & Garden forums, part of the Consumer Forums category; On occupying new govt accommodation, I approached for new IGL connection at Sarojini Nagar. But due to the non payment/settlement ...

Unregistered

Default New gas connection reg

On occupying new govt accommodation, I approached for new IGL connection at Sarojini Nagar. But due to the non payment/settlement of dues by the previous occupant, IGL refused to give new gas connection till the settlement of dues as their "policy". Since no domestic gas connection is given to the area due to the IGL line, I am facing problem to run my kitchen. Eventhough IGL has written letter for the recovery of the due amount, It may take time to settle the case. How can I live with family without domestic gas???
    Shall be grateful for a solution on humanitarian ground.
    c.o.vijayakumar
    e-mail:- vijayco_1960@gmail.com

Default new gas connection

I recently approached an agent of a Public Sector oil co for a new domestic gas connection. I was told I have to produce a ration card. When I told I have no ration card, I was asked to apply for one & bring a copy of the application duly sealed. When I went to apply for a ration card, I was told I will have to bring a certificate that my name is not included in the ration card from the place where I resided earlier. I was a student and stayed with my parents. We do not have a ration card in our home. I am producing a certifcate from my employer & also copy of my rental agreement, Are these documents not sufficient to prove my residence. what is the nexus between the ration card and gas connection. Since we have no ration card in our home,for want clerance certificate, I was denied both the ration card as well as gas connection. These days power supply is erratic, We are youngsters who have come down for employment, We cannot be expected to take a day or two off for running around these formalities

If the oil companies are serious about curbing misuse of domestic gas connection let them make it mandatory to make pipe gas connection or introduce a system to check whether a person is already having a gas connection in the address he/she is seeking a gas connection. Ration card is meant to supply rationed articles & not for getting a gas connection,

Unregistered

[QUOTE=radhad;10348]I recently approached an agent of a Public Sector oil co for a new domestic gas connection. I was told I have to produce a ration card. When I told I have no ration card, I was asked to apply for one & bring a copy of the application duly sealed. When I went to apply for a ration card, I was told I will have to bring a certificate that my name is not included in the ration card from the place where I resided earlier. I was a student and stayed with my parents. We do not have a ration card in our home. I am producing a certifcate from my employer & also copy of my rental agreement, Are these documents not sufficient to prove my residence. what is the nexus between the ration card and gas connection. Since we have no ration card in our home,for want clerance certificate, I was denied both the ration card as well as gas connection. These days power supply is erratic, We are youngsters who have come down for employment, We cannot be expected to take a day or two off for running around these formalities

If the oil companies are serious about curbing misuse of domestic gas connection let them make it mandatory to make pipe gas connection or introduce a system to check whether a person is already having a gas connection in the address he/she is seeking a gas connection. Ration card is meant to supply rationed articles & not for getting a gas connection,[/

Best you may try for commercial gas connections in this case you may need not produce the ration card or you may reach me @ kumarcraj@rediffmail.com

I am not complaining about the formalities. My complaint is about the unreasonableness of the ruels. Why should the oil companies or gas agencies insist on ration cards, when ration items are not being disbursed. It is no means to check the genuniess of the person applying for gas connection.

Moreover commercial gas is not meant for domestic application and its cost not within the reach of a normal consumer.

QUOTE=Unregistered;22166]
    Quote Originally Posted by radhad View Post
    I recently approached an agent of a Public Sector oil co for a new domestic gas connection. I was told I have to produce a ration card. When I told I have no ration card, I was asked to apply for one & bring a copy of the application duly sealed. When I went to apply for a ration card, I was told I will have to bring a certificate that my name is not included in the ration card from the place where I resided earlier. I was a student and stayed with my parents. We do not have a ration card in our home. I am producing a certifcate from my employer & also copy of my rental agreement, Are these documents not sufficient to prove my residence. what is the nexus between the ration card and gas connection. Since we have no ration card in our home,for want clerance certificate, I was denied both the ration card as well as gas connection. These days power supply is erratic, We are youngsters who have come down for employment, We cannot be expected to take a day or two off for running around these formalities

If the oil companies are serious about curbing misuse of domestic gas connection let them make it mandatory to make pipe gas connection or introduce a system to check whether a person is already having a gas connection in the address he/she is seeking a gas connection. Ration card is meant to supply rationed articles & not for getting a gas connection,[/

Best you may try for commercial gas connections in this case you may need not produce the ration card or you may reach me @ kumarcraj@rediffmail.com

Kumarcraj

Quote Originally Posted by radhad View Post
    I am not complaining about the formalities. My complaint is about the unreasonableness of the ruels. Why should the oil companies or gas agencies insist on ration cards, when ration items are not being disbursed. It is no means to check the genuniess of the person applying for gas connection.

Moreover commercial gas is not meant for domestic application and its cost not within the reach of a normal consumer.

QUOTE=Unregistered;22166]

Do one thing if you are in Bangalore then send out your email to my email id @kumarcraj@rediffmail.com will advise what best you can do in this matter.

+ Reply to Thread