the due date for my loopmobile bill (mobile# 9821262617) is 08/12/201i am out of mumbai for the past 4 days. today (24/11/2010), i received a call from loop customer care that i have reached my credit limit. As I pay my bills on time, i was rather disappointed with this sort of recovery - mode attitude of the service provider.
However, my outgoing calls were suddenly barred. The message on my phone kept on telling me to call customer services. But since outgoing calls are barred, i was not able to call the customer care number as well. i finally called personal loop assisstance executive Ms. Sheema (9870899978) who reprimanded for not informing her before setting out of town regarding crossing the credit limit.
i am stressed a lot because of all this arguements. i tried to access the loopmobile site so that i could pay the bill online. but there was some technical hitch in the site. it kept giving me error messages.
kindly help me by taking action against this sort of tyrannical attitude that these service providers are taking against the consumers.