I booked a trip to Kashmir through Dolphin Travels Kolkataand paid Rs 15000/- towards advance . The tour to commence on 31/05/10 but I had to cancell the trip on 21/05/10 due to important office duty. The Agent did not refund any money citing their internal rule. My letter as written to them explains the entire incident. The letter remains unanswered. Please advise how to get justice in this matter.

Fm : Bandana Mitra
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited
2nd Floor , IPICOL House, Annex Building
Janpath, Bhubaneswar-751022

To : Manager
Dolphin Travels
26/2 A Sashi Bhusan Dey Street
Kolkata 700 012
Attn : Sri P Biswas/Sri Raktim Roy
Dear Sir
I booked a tour for Kashmir that was to commence on 31/05/10. I have paid an amount of Rs 15000/- vide cheque no 732384 dtd 19/04/10 drawn on SBI and subsequently realised.
I compelled to cancel the trip due to unscheduled Official Duty and intimated the same on 21/05/10 by E-mail. I was informed by Sri Raktim Roy that as per the rules of YOUR company , 50% of the total tour cost will be deducted on event of cancellation. The mail is enclosed for ready reference.
I did enquire about the procedure of refund on phone before booking the trip and Sri Roy did not come out with a specific amount that time and assured that it would be not much. Further I have gone through the documents of Dolphin Travel sent to me by post, and nowhere it is mentioned that 50% of Tour cost will be deducted on cancellation of Trip. Copy of Documents are being sent for your ready reference. On the whole it appears to be a case of unethical business practice.
In view of above, You are requested to return my money after deducting your expenditure .
Thanking you in anticipation,

Bandana Mitra

Bandana Mitra