+ Reply to Thread

REGARDING SURRENDER CHARGES OF aviva life insurance policy

This is a discussion on REGARDING SURRENDER CHARGES OF aviva life insurance policy within the Insurance forums, part of the Business & Finance category; respected sir, i have a life insurance policy with aviva. it is in the 5th year. i want to surrender ...

Default REGARDING SURRENDER CHARGES OF aviva life insurance policy

respected sir,
    i have a life insurance policy with aviva. it is in the 5th year. i want to surrender it now. i have been told that there will be around 30% surrender charges. but according to guidelines issued by IRDA , in 5th year of policy, surrender charges cannot be more than 2.5%. i have talked to the concerned manager of regional aviva office. he said that these guidelines were issued in 2010 and your policy has been issued before that. what can i do? is it right on the part of insurer to deduct around 30% surrender charges in spite of being against guidelines of IRDA

Dear Sir, We would like to help address your issue. Please write in to us with your policy details on customerservices@avivaindia.com with your policy details and we will investigate your concern and revert. We would revert to you within 7-10 days of receiving your policy details.
    Regards,
    Customer Services team
    Aviva India

Quote Originally Posted by JPSMULTANI View Post
    respected sir,
    i have a life insurance policy with aviva. it is in the 5th year. i want to surrender it now. i have been told that there will be around 30% surrender charges. but according to guidelines issued by IRDA , in 5th year of policy, surrender charges cannot be more than 2.5%. i have talked to the concerned manager of regional aviva office. he said that these guidelines were issued in 2010 and your policy has been issued before that. what can i do? is it right on the part of insurer to deduct around 30% surrender charges in spite of being against guidelines of IRDA

Unregistered

Default RE

Quote Originally Posted by JPSMULTANI View Post
    respected sir,
    Hi Mr. JP Multani,
    what happened finally to your policy ? How much was the charge deducted for surrender of your policy. Kindly notify, it would immensely help others like me.

best Regards,
    Arijit Saha

+ Reply to Thread