+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HDFC Bank Credit Card Settlement

This is a discussion on HDFC Bank Credit Card Settlement within the Credit Cards forums, part of the Business & Finance category; Holding funds from my saving Acoounts Dear sir i have got a credit card from this bank. I have gone ...

Unregistered

Post HDFC Bank Credit Card Settlement

Holding funds from my saving Acoounts
    Dear sir

i have got a credit card from this bank. I have gone for a settlement for an amount of Rs. 32000/ to be paid in five installement. I have already paid four installment and only installment is left which i was planning to pay this month. The bank has put on hold around Rs 42000/ from my saving bank account which is in the same bank. Please help me in releasing the same from the bank. i have never been given any intimation or call for the above. I am in a great financial crisis . please advice me further course of action.

Name : shafiquer rahman

Saving Bank A/c No. 04831000008947
    Credit Card No. 5176351003737065

phone no : 9891179164/9031332081

Default Response - HDFC Bank Credit Card Settlement

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dear sir

i have got a credit card from this bank. I have gone for a settlement for an amount of Rs. 32000/ to be paid in five installement. I have already paid four installment and only installment is left which i was planning to pay this month. The bank has put on hold around Rs 42000/ from my saving bank account which is in the same bank. Please help me in releasing the same from the bank. i have never been given any intimation or call for the above. I am in a great financial crisis . please advice me further course of action.

Dear Mr Rahman,

At the outset, we would like to caution you against posting sensitive information such as your account and credit card number on a public forum such as this, as it may be misused, leading to grave losses.
    We would like to assure you that a bank representative is currently investigating the matter and will shortly contact you. Should you wish to contact the bank in the meantime, we recommend you write to us at talktous@hdfcbank.com with the reference id TTU00100208092010 mentioned in the subject line.

Regards, Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank

Default Response-HDFC Bank Credit Card Settlement

Dear sir

Dear Mr Rahman,

At the outset, we would like to caution you against posting sensitive information such as your account and credit card number on a public forum such as this, as it may be misused, leading to grave losses.
    We would like to assure you that a bank representative is currently investigating the matter and will shortly contact you. Should you wish to contact the bank in the meantime, we recommend you write to us at talktous@hdfcbank.com with the reference id TTU00100208092010 mentioned in the subject line.

Unregistered

Angry Holding funds from my saving Accounts against my credit card

Quote Originally Posted by HDFC Bank View Post
    Dear Mr Rahman,

To,
    Customer Assistance,
    HDFC Bank .

Reference id : TTU00100208092010

Dear sir

I did a call from a lady from your customer care, but i think she was not at all aware of the problem. After my explanation, she accepted that bank is holding my Rs 42000/, and she said that it will debitted from my a/c after 15 days. when i repeatedly asked that that bank can't do that without informing and please let me know if i pay my last installement, then i think the problem is solved, she immediately cut the phone and never called me again.

I think the bank doesn't want to solve the problem and linger it for 15 days so that they get an excuse to debit the whole amount from my saving account.

I would have been informed beforehand of the whole situation by mail/phone. It is rediculous and unethical from the part of the bank.

I would like to inform u that if the bank still goes with this drama. I will closing my saving a/c from your bank. And fifteen of my friends and relatives will also be closing their a/c with Your bank in protest.
    Further more please do confirms with your E.O.K Branch New Delhi that i was going for A Huge FD with your bank, which i am now in double mind.

And finally about your advice about disclosing sensitive information about my bank a/cs and misuse of it,
    I am afraid that it is u who can misuse my a/c and no body else, and u have done it. So if the bank really care for me then unhold my funds from my a/.c, contact me take ur last and final installment and that's it. the problem is solved.

Please contact me at the earliest and please advice how to give your payments.

Thanks

shafiquer rahman

Default response- Holding funds from my saving Accounts against my credit card

To,
    Customer Assistance,
    HDFC Bank .

Reference id : TTU00100208092010

Dear sir

I did a call from a lady from your customer care, but i think she was not at all aware of the problem. After my explanation, she accepted that bank is holding my Rs 42000/, and she said that it will debitted from my a/c after 15 days. when i repeatedly asked that that bank can't do that without informing and please let me know if i pay my last installement, then i think the problem is solved, she immediately cut the phone and never called me again.

I think the bank doesn't want to solve the problem and linger it for 15 days so that they get an excuse to debit the whole amount from my saving account.

I would have been informed beforehand of the whole situation by mail/phone. It is rediculous and unethical from the part of the bank.

I would like to inform u that if the bank still goes with this drama. I will closing my saving a/c from your bank. And fifteen of my friends and relatives will also be closing their a/c with Your bank in protest.
    Further more please do confirms with your E.O.K Branch New Delhi that i was going for A Huge FD with your bank, which i am now in double mind.

And finally about your advice about disclosing sensitive information about my bank a/cs and misuse of it,
    I am afraid that it is u who can misuse my a/c and no body else, and u have done it. So if the bank really care for me then unhold my funds from my a/.c, contact me take ur last and final installment and that's it. the problem is solved.

Please contact me at the earliest and please advice how to give your payments.

Thanks

shafiquer rahman
    Dear Rahman,

We acknowledge the receipt of your e-mail dated September 10, 2010 regarding your credit card account.

Your concerns have been highlighted to the respective unit for resolution. We shall reply with the status within 3 working days. We appreciate your co-operation and patience in the interim.

Reference number for your complaint is TTU00100208092010 . Should you have any further concerns on the same issue, kindly write back to us using this same email ID and reference number.

Unregistered

Default Salary Put on Hold Against Credit Card Outstanding

Dear Sir,

My name is Urvashi Kamthan, I was using a Credit Card from HDFC Bank and there was a total principal outstanding of Rs.8,000/- against which I've been paying an amount of Rs.2,000 for almost 8 months.I asked the Credit Card representatives of the Bank to furnish me the statement, but they did not send it even once neither in Hard Copy nor through mail. Finally I told them that I would need settlement on this Credit Card so as to close the Credit Card Account. But they did not revert back on the same as well.

Recently when I submitted my Salary of Rs. 23,000 in the bank, it has come to my notice that they have put a hold on the amount of Rs. 20,000 without any prior information or notice. I'm a working lady and my salary is my only means of livelihood, how can the bank take such a cruel step in the first place without even informing the Customer. Later when I tried to speak to the representatives about helping me in getting the settlement done, they are stating that they would not provide any help and also said that the amount put on hold would be passed onto the Credit Card Account.

This is causing very serious problem, as I am not left with a penny for my survival. Request you to please help in getting the amount of Rs.20,000 credited back, as I'm even requesting for a settlement at a mutually agreed amount on a monthly installement basis.

Please help in clearance of the Outstanding in a possible way, that does not effect me in this manner, as I would otherwise would have to raise the issue to other possible media of Complaints, as I cannot do without my Salary and need immediate action.

Hoping for a Customer Sensitive approach from your side.

Best Regards
    Urvashi Kamthan
    New Delhi

Dear Sir,

My name is Urvashi Kamthan, I was using a Credit Card from HDFC Bank and there was a total principal outstanding of Rs.8,000/- against which I've been paying an amount of Rs.2,000 for almost 8 months.I asked the Credit Card representatives of the Bank to furnish me the statement, but they did not send it even once neither in Hard Copy nor through mail. Finally I told them that I would need settlement on this Credit Card so as to close the Credit Card Account. But they did not revert back on the same as well.

Recently when I submitted my Salary of Rs. 23,000 in the bank, it has come to my notice that they have put a hold on the amount of Rs. 20,000 without any prior information or notice. I'm a working lady and my salary is my only means of livelihood, how can the bank take such a cruel step in the first place without even informing the Customer. Later when I tried to speak to the representatives about helping me in getting the settlement done, they are stating that they would not provide any help and also said that the amount put on hold would be passed onto the Credit Card Account.

This is causing very serious problem, as I am not left with a penny for my survival. Request you to please help in getting the amount of Rs.20,000 credited back, as I'm even requesting for a settlement at a mutually agreed amount on a monthly installement basis.

Please help in clearance of the Outstanding in a possible way, that does not effect me in this manner, as I would otherwise would have to raise the issue to other possible media of Complaints, as I cannot do without my Salary and need immediate action.

Best Regards
    Urvashi Kamthan
    New Delhi
    Dear Ms Kamthan,

Our team would like to investigate this matter further and help you settle your credit card dues. Request you to write to talktous@hdfcbank.com with your credit card number, contact details and the reference id TTU00112306102010. A bank representative shall contact you as soon as we receive this information.

Default Hold instruction by HDFC bank on my salary a/c

Hi,

I have been having a salary account with the HDFC Bank since 2006. I also have a HDFC Bank Credit Card ( XXXXXXXXXXXX5249). I have not used this card for almost 1 year plus now..

I have some payment due to this credit card, i could not make the payments of outstanding amount due to some unavoidable circumstances. If you see my bank history & Credit card history i never did any default with the bank from last 5 years, even if i was unable to pay the amount on time i paid that later with interest & late fee charges. I made the last payment to this card on 2nd Aug 2010 and got only one statement on 4th Sep-2010 stating a minimum amount due of 15K around, as i was having some urgent financial commitments in the month of Sep-10 due to which i could not pay my CC amount before due date. I was suppose to pay the amount after receiving my salary in my saving account, but before i could do so the bank has placed lien on my salary account . I have in no way given any written or oral approval for this anytime.

To inquire further i have contacted HDFC bank customer care & came to know that my saving account can only be released by Credit Card dept. On contacting HDFC credit card customer care (kavya on the line) i was told that on payment of around 16-17K against the credit card my account can be released but the instruction has to come from collections dept., she was unable to give me any assurance for the same. As i didn't got convinced with the reply i contacted Miss.Hemlatha (9342485831) from Debt. Dept (as suggested by HDFC bank on mail communication) she has guided me to contact Mr.Prakash (9343044506) who later guided me to contact Mr.Naveen (9343770861) from collection department. On contacting Mr.Naveen (Deputy Manager-as he introduced himself to me) i came to know that there is no possible way to get my account Released and the entire blocked amount (42526.62/-) will be moved to credit card, giving a reference of my old history with the bank i have requested to work on some way around and help me to manage my financial commitments along with credit card payment, but didn't get any support from him. On requesting to speak to some Sr. Manager, he has referred me to Mr.Santosh (Manager- Collections-9379037536). Mr.Santosh has told that the procedure to Release of account can be done by HDFC Credit card customer care.

I am still in a dilemma on how to get my saving account released as there is no common way suggested by HDFC CC Customer care & HDFC CC Collection department, i am willing to work out on this issue and cooperate to maintain the relationship with HDFC bank, provided i get a proper assurance & support from the Bank.

I did not wanted to do any default with the bank, if so I could have easily moved my entire salary amount to other bank on the day my salary got credited (i.e. on 30th Sep-10) or could have stopped the payment of my credit card from the day it gt expired (i.e after January 2010) but i did not wanted to spoil the long relationship with the bank & to continue as a happy customer. I have paid almost around 1.5-2 lac INR till date against the credit card inspite of having 77k as the credit limit.

Being a customer of the bank , i have few question to be answered:-
    1. Does the HDFC Credit Card Dept. have the right to put a lien on my Salary account ?
    2. Does the bank which I have trusted for so many years right in not even notifying me before putting a lien?
    3. Does the penalties which will be forced on me due to bouncing of EMI's can be adjusted by bank?

During the conversation with HDFC executives, i came to know that the total hold amount will be moved to Credit card after 15 days if no agreement can be done between the customer & the bank. I have been following on this matter with the bank from day-1 of hold instruction and it has been 7 days i have not got any solution from the bank.

I am ready to pay max possible amount from my hold salary through Debit note and remaining in equal installments, but HDFC bank is not willing to come out & solve this issue.

Please let me know the way ahead to Release my Account & the blocked Amount in my saving account so that i can Pay my dues along with Monthly EMI's of other bank which is due on 10th.

Thanks

Naushad

Quote Originally Posted by Naushad A Siddiqui View Post
    Hi,

I have been having a salary account with the HDFC Bank since 2006. I also have a HDFC Bank Credit Card ( XXXXXXXXXXXX5249). I have not used this card for almost 1 year plus now..

I have some payment due to this credit card, i could not make the payments of outstanding amount due to some unavoidable circumstances. If you see my bank history & Credit card history i never did any default with the bank from last 5 years, even if i was unable to pay the amount on time i paid that later with interest & late fee charges. I made the last payment to this card on 2nd Aug 2010 and got only one statement on 4th Sep-2010 stating a minimum amount due of 15K around, as i was having some urgent financial commitments in the month of Sep-10 due to which i could not pay my CC amount before due date. I was suppose to pay the amount after receiving my salary in my saving account, but before i could do so the bank has placed lien on my salary account . I have in no way given any written or oral approval for this anytime.

To inquire further i have contacted HDFC bank customer care & came to know that my saving account can only be released by Credit Card dept. On contacting HDFC credit card customer care (kavya on the line) i was told that on payment of around 16-17K against the credit card my account can be released but the instruction has to come from collections dept., she was unable to give me any assurance for the same. As i didn't got convinced with the reply i contacted Miss.Hemlatha (9342485831) from Debt. Dept (as suggested by HDFC bank on mail communication) she has guided me to contact Mr.Prakash (9343044506) who later guided me to contact Mr.Naveen (9343770861) from collection department. On contacting Mr.Naveen (Deputy Manager-as he introduced himself to me) i came to know that there is no possible way to get my account Released and the entire blocked amount (42526.62/-) will be moved to credit card, giving a reference of my old history with the bank i have requested to work on some way around and help me to manage my financial commitments along with credit card payment, but didn't get any support from him. On requesting to speak to some Sr. Manager, he has referred me to Mr.Santosh (Manager- Collections-9379037536). Mr.Santosh has told that the procedure to Release of account can be done by HDFC Credit card customer care.

I am still in a dilemma on how to get my saving account released as there is no common way suggested by HDFC CC Customer care & HDFC CC Collection department, i am willing to work out on this issue and cooperate to maintain the relationship with HDFC bank, provided i get a proper assurance & support from the Bank.

I did not wanted to do any default with the bank, if so I could have easily moved my entire salary amount to other bank on the day my salary got credited (i.e. on 30th Sep-10) or could have stopped the payment of my credit card from the day it gt expired (i.e after January 2010) but i did not wanted to spoil the long relationship with the bank & to continue as a happy customer. I have paid almost around 1.5-2 lac INR till date against the credit card inspite of having 77k as the credit limit.

Being a customer of the bank , i have few question to be answered:-
    1. Does the HDFC Credit Card Dept. have the right to put a lien on my Salary account ?
    2. Does the bank which I have trusted for so many years right in not even notifying me before putting a lien?
    3. Does the penalties which will be forced on me due to bouncing of EMI's can be adjusted by bank?

During the conversation with HDFC executives, i came to know that the total hold amount will be moved to Credit card after 15 days if no agreement can be done between the customer & the bank. I have been following on this matter with the bank from day-1 of hold instruction and it has been 7 days i have not got any solution from the bank.

I am ready to pay max possible amount from my hold salary through Debit note and remaining in equal installments, but HDFC bank is not willing to come out & solve this issue.

Please let me know the way ahead to Release my Account & the blocked Amount in my saving account so that i can Pay my dues along with Monthly EMI's of other bank which is due on 10th.

Thanks

Naushad
    Dear Mr Siddiqui,

We would like to assure you that the bank would be happy to work with you on the issue of your dues, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We would like to investigate this matter further – request you to write to us at talktous@hdfcbank.com with your credit card number, contact details and the reference id TTU00114107102010. A bank representative will contact you once we receive this information.

Dear Sir,

Best Regards
    Urvashi Kamthan
    New Delhi
    Dear customer,

Just a reminder that we still haven't heard from you. Request you to write to talktous@hdfcbank.com with your credit card number, contact details and the reference id TTU00112306102010. A bank representative shall contact you as soon as we receive this information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast