HDFC complaint Reference: 'HBL=010-275-917'

HDFC credit card has offer an EMI option on a product from M/s Royal Images, Chennai.
I trusted HDFC and gone for the offer. On 2/09/2010 I have ordered the product using the HDFC credit card EMI option. Royal images has delivered the product on wrong address (Proof has sent to HDFC bank by mail) and till date I have not recieved the order. I have waited till 25/09/2010 and cancelled the order as the promised date was crossed and could not wait for more time. I have called the Merchant many times to give me a proof of cancellation, but they accept in verbal on phone but never sent a confirmation mail even after repeated phone calls and complaints.

I also request HDFC to wait for some time before deducting the first EMI, HDFC is the one who has preffered Royal Images and now HDFC says unless they get any written proof they can't revert my money back. If HDFC is not in a position to take the authority in disputes, then why do they give such kind of offers?

I am stuck is a situation where I have paid for the undelivered product. Please advice me on this.

Suman