+ Reply to Thread

New Acer Laptop - Defective Battery, Not Being Replaced!!!

This is a discussion on New Acer Laptop - Defective Battery, Not Being Replaced!!! within the Laptops forums, part of the Computers & Accessories category; To Whomsoever It May Concern: My name is Arjun. I happened to purchase my Acer laptop on September 28, 2010. ...

Default New Acer Laptop - Defective Battery, Not Being Replaced!!!

To Whomsoever It May Concern:

My name is Arjun. I happened to purchase my Acer laptop on September 28, 2010. Few months back, well within one year, the charge of the battery was not lasting for more than 30 minutes and I immediately called up the Acer customer care center and asked them for replacement. The Acer customer care people responded by saying for 30 minutes battery backup, it will not be replaced and since I might be using some softwares in my laptop, that is the reason why I am not getting optimum backup (2 hours) from my battery and informed me that there was absolutely nothing wrong, but unfortunately there was a problem with my battery ( I don't remember the complaint number for my first complaint).

I again relodged a complaint on October 28, 2010, since this time by battery was hardly lasting for more than 10 minutes. My complaint number is 102810 - 559. It was found out at this stage that my battery had a problem, but unfortunately to my disappointment, I was told my battery could not be replaced anymore since battery replacement are valid only for a year.

This is totally not justified. When I had called for the first time well within a year for replacement of my battery, why was it not replaced at that time?, Acer should have taken in this complaint and replaced my battery immediately, which they did not and instead misguided me saying everything is fine. Now, I am the sufferer because a new battery cost around 5000 to 6000 rupees. Why should I pay for no fault of mine?

Even my extended warrenty on this laptop is of no use, because it does not cover battery replacements, which I was not informed of by concerned people.

I am totally at a loss and I have been misguided and cheated by Acer. Someone please help me.

With Best Regards,
    Arjun

Unhappy Followup to Acer Battery Complaint!!!!

To Whomsoever It May Concern:

I have received more than "300 views" to my complaint, yet no response ...I am confused now due to this lack of response, is the lack of response due to "no solution to my problem" or I need to wait for some more time for a response?...I am very confused and anxious now. It will be highly appreciated if someone could look into my concern and give me a prompt response.

With best regards!!!!
    Arjun

+ Reply to Thread