+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Airtel - 3g settings problemon iphone 4

This is a discussion on Airtel - 3g settings problemon iphone 4 within the Mobile Service Providers forums, part of the Telecom category; Ok, so i get an email from airtel that 3g is available in jaipur. i decided to actiavte it right ...

Default Airtel - 3g settings problemon iphone 4

Ok, so i get an email from airtel that 3g is available in jaipur. i decided to actiavte it right away on my iPhone. This email from me to 121@airtel, describes the whole situation.

"Date of activation of 3g services : 3rd March 2011

It’s been more than 24 hours since 3g has been activated on my phone (and ofcourse EDGE/GPRS has been deactivated consequently). After few hours i get the mail that the above mentioned 3g services on my number 979964455 has been activated, i see no 3g sign on my iPhone. It was still running on E. I checked the speed and it was the same of EDGE. I then decided to call customer care – 121. They said that in their system it doesn’t show that my 3g services have been activated. I waited again, switched off and on my phone, still there was no sign. I call back again, and they now said that they can see that 3g is already activated, i explained the problem and then they asked me to switch on the dual mode in my setting, Im a well technical literate and i told them that iPhone doesn’t have that option and instead i have my 3G enabled and Cellular Data is “On” under settings. They asked me to call 198 for technical enquiry. I called and this time the customer representative said that we don’t know the settings for iPhone and hence asked me to visit the Airtel Office in my city. Today, 4th march, I visit Airtel Office at Ganpati Plaza, MI road, Jaipur. I went and asked the person on desk and tried to explain the problem, she directed me to another person and then i was directed to another third person. I explained him the problem all over. He asks me to turn on the Dual Mode, i again said that iPhone don’t have that option and then he seem to be lost, i was frustrated by this time. He said he just joined in 2 days back ? (how does that matter to me? Why don’t you guys just put a person on desk who is fully trained and ready to help?) I then asked to see the manager. Mr Rafiq – the manager was explained all over again by me. He called some technical person on phone, and yes - again he was helpless. I was standing there with no one to help. Everyone just don’t know what im talking about, they have no idea about iphones. Seems it was just the nokias they are used to. Im really frustrated at the moment, and now i decide to go to Nodal Officers, this is my last try by writing an email to you, i have already wasted my time writing this, calling your stupid customer care and spent money on the ever-waiting lines and talking to the stupid representative. You shouldn’t call yourself a multinational organisation when you don’t have solutions for the local customer. Also, i wil want to be compensated for the talktime i spent on your customer care for nothing and the services ive been charged on my bill – which i never got to use."

i know its a freaking weekend and i also know that they are going to charge me when the bill comes for the services i never used. to hell with airtel, im going to the nodal officer and to appelatte, you're gonna get in real trouble.

Nimish Agarwal

Default Airtel 3G does not work on iPhone

I got activated Airtel 3G on two of my phone. iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. On both my phones till date i am getting Edge connection only despite my daily emails and calls to Airtel helpline. They have untrained staff who will keep on advising same things again and again instead of trying to diagnose the problem or escalating it to someone knowledgable.

Not to mention the fact that it takes 10 mins of talking to a machine before you can connect to a human representative, who turns out to be more stupid than the machine and Airtel actually charges for calling the helpline. They are also charging me for 3G while i only get Edge!

Unregistered

Default Same Here

same here dude, but i can use 3g services,
    just enable Edge as well as 3G on your iphone and you can use 3G speed. I tested the speed, it is around 1.2 mbps and 2.2 mbps on my Lappy.
    Yes the CC says to enable in dual mode, but they are all stupid shit.
    give me your no, if your problem is solved it might solve mine, because I am still in E network. When I had put the sim in Nokia, it shows 3G written :-~

Ok, so after visiting twice the corporate office, my 3G is now working. i dont know if i should say Thanks for that. but its really disappointing to know that a I (with the basic knowledge of technology) knows more than any person in technical department of Airtel. I had to guide them through the process and then they think over it and then try different solutions. It was funny when i visited the corporate office and the technical guy kept me waited for half an hour and then came and said that "Sir, you bought this mobile from foreign, so 3g wont work on this". Stupid self-proclaimed technicians.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by deepakagarwal View Post
    Ok, so after visiting twice the corporate office, my 3G is now working. i dont know if i should say Thanks for that. but its really disappointing to know that a I (with the basic knowledge of technology) knows more than any person in technical department of Airtel. I had to guide them through the process and then they think over it and then try different solutions. It was funny when i visited the corporate office and the technical guy kept me waited for half an hour and then came and said that "Sir, you bought this mobile from foreign, so 3g wont work on this". Stupid self-proclaimed technicians.
    what kind of setting they did??? i have activated it and i am using iPhone 4.. but its still on edge network only tried calling airtel ppl but they are useless and have been trying all possible settings cant still get it working

Srinivas.Chudamani

Default Airtel 3G not working with iPhone 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    what kind of setting they did??? i have activated it and i am using iPhone 4.. but its still on edge network only tried calling airtel ppl but they are useless and have been trying all possible settings cant still get it working

I am from Bangalore and I have activated 3g for my Apple 4.0, Even I am facing the same issue. Could you please let us know what setting did they change so that 3G started working for you ? This would really help many others.

Srinivas Chudamani

Default Airtel 3G with Apple iPhone 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Srinivas.Chudamani View Post
    I am from Bangalore and I have activated 3g for my Apple 4.0, Even I am facing the same issue. Could you please let us know what setting did they change so that 3G started working for you ? This would really help many others.
    Dear All,
    Airtel 3G is working on Apple iPhone 4.0 after doing the following changes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Menu --> Settings --> General --> Network
    Change the following setting
    • Enable 3G – ON
    • Cellular Data -- ON
    • Data Roaming -- ON
    • WIFI - OFF
    • VPN - OFF
    • Internet Tethering - OFF

Go back to -- > Setting -- > General
    RESET -- > Reset network setting
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After changing the above mentioned setting 3G started working.

Unregistered

Default iphone3GS PROBLEM ON VIDEO CALLING

SIR
    I HAD PROBLEM OVER VIDEO CALLING IN I-PHONE 3GS.PLEASE ENABLE TO NECESSARY ACTIONS REGARDING THIS .TELL ME THE PROCEDURE TO GET VIDEO CALLING ON MY PHONE

E-MAIL TO :KONDALSRIKAR@GMail.com

New User

Default MMS settings

I actually wanted to know how to set up the mms settings.I am using an iphone 4 which is unlocked but not jailbroken.I am also using Airtel. So when I go to the settings and then navigate to cellular data and activate it I do not get any options to change the APN or anything else,so how do i set up the MMS settings? Since its a new phone i dont want to mess around with things that will void the warranty.
    Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast