+ Reply to Thread

Reliance GSM automatically activating the caller tune and deducting money for that..

This is a discussion on Reliance GSM automatically activating the caller tune and deducting money for that.. within the Mobile Service Providers forums, part of the Telecom category; Hi Sir, This is my first post in order to seek justice and to make u aware of the fact ...

Default Reliance GSM automatically activating the caller tune and deducting money for that..

Hi Sir,

This is my first post in order to seek justice and to make u aware of the fact that Reliance GSM people are deducting the money without customers confirmation.

First I would like to give a brief introduction of myself. Myself Arvind Kumar Patel, victim of Reliance GSM. Basically belong to U.P. and working as a software engineer in Bangalore, Karnataka. I want to make one thing very clear that neither me nor any of my friends know KANNADA language. So there is no point for me to activate kannada caller tune on my mobile number.

The Reliance GSM guys activated the kannada caller tune on 23rd july, 2010 at 10:30 AM(that I confirmed by customer care) on my mobile number 9019991529 and charged Rs 40 without my confirmation. I am using this number only between 11PM to 6AM for night calling to my frnds (that can be easily verified by viewing my call transactions)...rest of the time i am keeping it switched off. .

This is not the first time, few months back they did the same thing to one of my friend, but he simply ignored that and also to me. Last month around 6th June the same thing was happened to me. But that time they accepted their fault and refunded the amount back in my account. But this time they are not accepting it and they are saying that it was activated from my side. When I queried them about the procedure of activating the caller tune, they told like either by calling to customer care or by sending a sms to some number I can activate that. But I didnt do any of the above two things. when I asked them to view my transaction records of both calls and sms what i did on 23rd july, they simply denied that they didnt have "sms" transaction record. My concern is if they dont have sms records then how come they are so sure that it was activated from my side.

One of their customer care executive named Mr. Ajay misbehaved me saying that they cant process my request and told me to do whatever I could. This forced me to post this complaint. This complaint is not about the money or something this is about the respect of an idividual, the respect of a customers and that was not the correct way to talk to any of the customer. We have the right to get the information whenever we want and moreover I was not asking for the details of anyone else but of myself.

Please look into the matter and do the appropriate.

Thanking you,
    Arvind K Patel
    Alternate Mob# 9632244480

Unregistered

hello Sir,

i also had the same problem U WILL HAVE TO FIGHT A LEGAL BATTLE go as i say ,these reliance people r such a big fraud.go to complain to DoT Public Grievance Cell at link : DARPG-PGRAMS
    and also get through the procedure mentioned here at this link: TRAI :::::::.........
    hope we get justice !

regards !
    ROHIT YADAV
    rohit.tec@gmail.com

below was mine case.....

I'am a Reliance mobile CDMA customer I have been really frustrated by VAS activation calls and messages even after being registered to NDNC(from 2 yrs).It was more painful when i found that Rs.35 had been charged for a VAS for which i haven't subscribed.I have no FM in my mobile still there is FM pack activated and a CNBC pack of which in have no use,as i got to know i complained RIM but They said they cant do anything and also were not registering my complain.Even after repeated request for UNSUBCR they failed to do so. After 2 days RIM deactivated all CNBSSUPERSAVER and FMindia1 pack and said as was from some mode of TELECALLING hence they could not post any waiver.Firstly i have been subscribed automatically without my confirmation/permission for CNBSSUPERSAVER on 14TH JULY, they said its telemode call so done by me , hence NO waiver.... OK done, i tolerated....now when they said there is no active VAS such as FMindia and CNBCsuperpack ...how come they again reactivated FMindia pack on 22nd july and again deducted my money Rs.30,i called the customer care again talked to level-2 executive named MD...he said its fault on there part so promised to waive the amount charged in 48 hours giving REQUEST NUMBER:132537662 and now after 48 hours what they did is just deactivated the FMINDIA1 service and simply replied when contacted that FMIndia1 has been charged correctly as this pack was activated by mode of IVR (Interactive Voice Response,Hence we are unable to process your request for the waiver. Now how can a sensible man apply for FM when his mobile has no FM functionality and that too twice, one on 14th and the other on 22nd of july 2010.

1) India's telecom regulator made it mandatory for operators to twice seek confirmation from cell phone users before they subscribe to value-added services (VAS).

2)Under the amended rules by TRAI, subscribers will be required to first confirm their subscription by pressing any cell phone key other than '*' (star) or '9'.The second time, the subscriber will have to reconfirm the VAS subscription by pressing either '*' or '9',

“TRAI did this to for prevention of unintentional or accidental activation of VAS”

3)TRAI alsomandates service providers to intimate the subscriber, at least three days before the due date of renewal of a subscribed value added service, the due date for renewal, the charges for renewal.TRAI April 27,2009 had directed operators to seek written consent from subscribers to VAS such as call ring back tone and hello tunes to prevent accidental activation of such services.

NOW i feel that adhering to these norms IS VERY VERY FAR AWAY from RIM , Your telemarketing executive/cell hardly followed a single word in the rules stated by TRAI,and FORCEFULLY ACTIVATED THE VAS WITHOUT MY CONSENT FOLLOWED BY IVRS ACTIVATION AN 22 JULY 2010.
    ************************************************** *******************************

Unregistered

Default vas automatically gets activated

hi my name is dindayal suthar i am so frustrated by the reliance vas service dont know what to do of these people they loot there customer on the name of vas they themselves activate the vas service my number was automatically activated with jokes pack, shayari pack, health pack and sms1p wich they say i activated by sending sms had to call atleast 100 times to deactivate the service plz stop such kind of loot

Prasanth

Hi,

Even I had the same problem from Reliance GSM Kerala. I am Prasanth and I am working in Hyderabad. As I met with an accident, I came to my native for treatment and took a reliance connection which I felt as the worst mistake I have done. My reliance number is 8893645772.

Without my knowledge and consent they have activated my caller tune. When I asked them, they are telling the same thing that I would have pressed the * button when I called someone. I have called only one number and that number doesn't have caller tune. Then how can I activate the caller tune as I haven't called the customer care for activating it either.

They are just looting people by deducting amount like this and they are telling, they can't give back the amount. Now when I checked with Customer care, they are telling, even a joke pack is activated from my end. Why can't they send a confirmation sms while activating these things. I haven't activated any of these things. They are telling, I have activated it last month itself and this month again it is renewed automatically. As I didn't check the balance each and every time, they are doing like this. I used to recharge my connection most of time for Rs.300 or more.

So I can't track each time the balance and also whether they have deducted any amount. From now onwards, I am going to track the money each and every time I am calling someone.

They are here to just loot the customers. We have to raise our voice against this. Its high time that Reliance is looting the poor people of India.

Regards,
    Prasanth.

Yusuf

Default Reliance GSM automatically activating the caller tune and deducting money for that..

Hi Sir,

I want to seek justice and to make u aware of the fact that Reliance GSM people are deducting the money without customers confirmation.

First I would like to give a brief introduction of myself. Myself Yusuf Ahmed , victim of Reliance GSM. Basically belong to C.G and working as a software engineer at Bhilai, C.G.

The Reliance GSM guys activated the caller tune on approx 15th Aug, 2010 on my mobile number 9303026528 and charged Rs 1/2days without my confirmation. I am using this number only between 11PM to 6AM for night calling to my frnds (that can be easily verified by viewing my call transactions)...rest of the time i am keeping it switched off.

From last 3 weeks i call reliance customer care and then ask them to refund my money back and also ask them to permanently close this matter but i could not see any result, yesterday i.e on 31-aug-11 i called reliance customer care 10 times, many times i was told system is down and bla bla bla.....They always say "Yes sir we found that it has automatically activated so we are refunding your money back."
    Truly they do what they say but in this whole matter i lost my 4Rs. But this is not the actual matter what the matter is that reliance caller tune service is getting activated regularly and i need to daily call customer care and ask to refund my money back.

Please look into the matter and do the appropriate.

Thanking you,
    Yusuf Ahmed
    Alternate Mob# 9981063804

+ Reply to Thread