+ Reply to Thread

ICICI Bank Credit Card & Bank Account

This is a discussion on ICICI Bank Credit Card & Bank Account within the Others forums, part of the Consumer Forums category; Dear Sir/ Mam, I Parminder Sehgal, like to report a peculiar kind of harassment which ICICI bank is causing to ...

Default ICICI Bank Credit Card & Bank Account

Dear Sir/ Mam,

I Parminder Sehgal, like to report a peculiar kind of harassment which ICICI bank is causing to me.

I had one credit card # 4216-2700-8214-5302 which after a dispute went to Court and finally on 15th Febí07 got settled, where I gave 7 cheques total amounting to Rs.54000 (Fifty Four Thousand only). The official representative of the bank Mr. Rizvi alongwith the legal counselor of the bank collected the cheques and then gave the statement in the Court about the settlement

I gave Cheque # 385461 to 385467 from 12th Marí07 till 12th Septí07 and these cheques were suppose to be deposited to my account by the bank every month and my responsibility was to make sure that cheque do get cleared. Each and every cheque got cleared except the last one which was fo Rs.20,000 (Twenty Thousand only). When I contacted one of the collection representative Satnam Singh who use to collect payment on the behalf of the bank to understand why cheque is not presented to bank account in Septí07 he said that bank will do it may be it just got delayed. After that he becomes non-contactable and this cheque was never presented to my bank, whereas funds were consistently available in my account.

After 3 and a half years on 9th Octí10 bank put a lien on my bank account with ICICI Bank # 008201538421 and that too for Rs.56401.14 (Fifty Six Thousand Four Hundred One Rupee and Fourteen Paisa). When I checked with the bank on 10th Octí10 to understand the reason for lien I was told that itís due to the above mentioned credit card itís been marked and I was very catagorly been told by the Phone bank officer Mr.Somesh that nothing can be done till I donít submit the settlement documents with the bank.

I then contacted Mr.Amrit Mohanty from the Credit Card in Delhi who then got in touch with Ms.Vidoshe Kaul in Mumbai. I gave scan copies of the cheque acceptance letter and Court orders to both of them. Finally after much perusal matter got resolved on around 27th Octí10.

Again on 24th Noví10 bank put lien on my account for the same amount and then I again got in touched with Mr.Mohanty who again started to pursue my case with the backend team to get the lien taken off from my bank account which finally happened on 30th Noví10

At the same time on 26th Noví10 I got in touch with Phone Banking to understand & to logged my complaint here I spoke to Ms. Zulkha Dar and to my surprise she again said that she donít have any documents available with her or nothing is mentioned in my records about the documents been mailed across, again she asked me to send the documents through fax on # 022-28308093, which I did the same date. When I did not received any revert till 30th Noví10 I again called up Phone banking and this time Mr.Ravi Kumar came on line and told me that no documents received again he asked me to fax the documents which I again faxed on 30th noví10 itself.

On 1st Decí10 I got call from Mr.Ravi Kumar that after investigating the matter itís been found that the last cheque never got credited to the credit card account and due to this lien is been marked to the account again and again and it will keep on happening till mater donít get resolved. When I asked him why cheque was not presented which was accepted by their own employee and gave me acceptance letter for the same, Mr.Ravi did not had any answer but kept on beating the bush that itís my responsibility to make sure cheque should be cleared when I questioned him that responsibility came into picture only if cheque was presented and it get bounced which never happened upon this he said as you are getting into debate therefore he will not continue the discussion and if I had to get the matter settled than I have to provide Bank Account statement for the year 2007 to ICICI Bank to prove that cheque got cleared and he hanged the phone on me.

On the very same day I wrote mail to the bank on customer.care@icicibank .com mail id asking them the same question and infact even said that if cheque is misplaced by the bank than bank should take the responsibility and send me a letter stating the same so that I can issue another cheuqe of the decided amount. Till 3rd Decí10 I did not received any mail and I again wrote to them.

On 6th Decí10 I got mail from Mr.Shiv Shanker where I again repeated the same story of the cheque not been cleared and I should provide the statement of the bank where that cheque should be shown as cleared otherwise the settlement will be treated as Null & Void but at no point of time he made any statement on what happened to the disputed cheque as per his mail itís look like that it is my mistake that cheque is misplaced by bank.

Kindly help me in

1. Closing the matter which is pending for almost 3 & half years now, where bank is trying put entire blame me instead of taking the owns of the lapses made by their own employee by misplacing the cheque. I fear that bank will keep on putting Lien to my account every month.

2. Bank should be stopped from extracting extra amount other than Rs.20,000 (Twenty Thousand only) instead of Rs.56401.14 (Fifty Six Thousand Four Hundred One Rupee and Fourteen Paisa) for which they are putting the lien again and again.

3. Bank should provide me with the bank letter stating that they had misplaced the cheque and a new cheque should be issued to them so that in future bank should never come back and try to extract amount as they are trying to do right now.

I request you to kindly intervene in this matter and help in closing down this matter for once & all so that I can be spare from the harassment which I am facing currently

Thanking you in anticipation,

Parminder Sehgal
    Email: sehgalparminder@yahoo.com
    +919818915438

Default Re:

Dear Mr Sehgal,

We regret the problem caused to you and apologize for the same. We have made a note of your mobile number and shall get in touch with you soon to resolve the issue. Thankyou for your patience.

Regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.

Quote Originally Posted by sehgalparminder View Post
    Dear Sir/ Mam,

I Parminder Sehgal, like to report a peculiar kind of harassment which ICICI bank is causing to me.

I had one credit card # 4216-2700-8214-5302 which after a dispute went to Court and finally on 15th Febí07 got settled, where I gave 7 cheques total amounting to Rs.54000 (Fifty Four Thousand only). The official representative of the bank Mr. Rizvi alongwith the legal counselor of the bank collected the cheques and then gave the statement in the Court about the settlement

I gave Cheque # 385461 to 385467 from 12th Marí07 till 12th Septí07 and these cheques were suppose to be deposited to my account by the bank every month and my responsibility was to make sure that cheque do get cleared. Each and every cheque got cleared except the last one which was fo Rs.20,000 (Twenty Thousand only). When I contacted one of the collection representative Satnam Singh who use to collect payment on the behalf of the bank to understand why cheque is not presented to bank account in Septí07 he said that bank will do it may be it just got delayed. After that he becomes non-contactable and this cheque was never presented to my bank, whereas funds were consistently available in my account.

After 3 and a half years on 9th Octí10 bank put a lien on my bank account with ICICI Bank # 008201538421 and that too for Rs.56401.14 (Fifty Six Thousand Four Hundred One Rupee and Fourteen Paisa). When I checked with the bank on 10th Octí10 to understand the reason for lien I was told that itís due to the above mentioned credit card itís been marked and I was very catagorly been told by the Phone bank officer Mr.Somesh that nothing can be done till I donít submit the settlement documents with the bank.

I then contacted Mr.Amrit Mohanty from the Credit Card in Delhi who then got in touch with Ms.Vidoshe Kaul in Mumbai. I gave scan copies of the cheque acceptance letter and Court orders to both of them. Finally after much perusal matter got resolved on around 27th Octí10.

Again on 24th Noví10 bank put lien on my account for the same amount and then I again got in touched with Mr.Mohanty who again started to pursue my case with the backend team to get the lien taken off from my bank account which finally happened on 30th Noví10

At the same time on 26th Noví10 I got in touch with Phone Banking to understand & to logged my complaint here I spoke to Ms. Zulkha Dar and to my surprise she again said that she donít have any documents available with her or nothing is mentioned in my records about the documents been mailed across, again she asked me to send the documents through fax on # 022-28308093, which I did the same date. When I did not received any revert till 30th Noví10 I again called up Phone banking and this time Mr.Ravi Kumar came on line and told me that no documents received again he asked me to fax the documents which I again faxed on 30th noví10 itself.

On 1st Decí10 I got call from Mr.Ravi Kumar that after investigating the matter itís been found that the last cheque never got credited to the credit card account and due to this lien is been marked to the account again and again and it will keep on happening till mater donít get resolved. When I asked him why cheque was not presented which was accepted by their own employee and gave me acceptance letter for the same, Mr.Ravi did not had any answer but kept on beating the bush that itís my responsibility to make sure cheque should be cleared when I questioned him that responsibility came into picture only if cheque was presented and it get bounced which never happened upon this he said as you are getting into debate therefore he will not continue the discussion and if I had to get the matter settled than I have to provide Bank Account statement for the year 2007 to ICICI Bank to prove that cheque got cleared and he hanged the phone on me.

On the very same day I wrote mail to the bank on customer.care@icicibank .com mail id asking them the same question and infact even said that if cheque is misplaced by the bank than bank should take the responsibility and send me a letter stating the same so that I can issue another cheuqe of the decided amount. Till 3rd Decí10 I did not received any mail and I again wrote to them.

On 6th Decí10 I got mail from Mr.Shiv Shanker where I again repeated the same story of the cheque not been cleared and I should provide the statement of the bank where that cheque should be shown as cleared otherwise the settlement will be treated as Null & Void but at no point of time he made any statement on what happened to the disputed cheque as per his mail itís look like that it is my mistake that cheque is misplaced by bank.

Kindly help me in

1. Closing the matter which is pending for almost 3 & half years now, where bank is trying put entire blame me instead of taking the owns of the lapses made by their own employee by misplacing the cheque. I fear that bank will keep on putting Lien to my account every month.

2. Bank should be stopped from extracting extra amount other than Rs.20,000 (Twenty Thousand only) instead of Rs.56401.14 (Fifty Six Thousand Four Hundred One Rupee and Fourteen Paisa) for which they are putting the lien again and again.

3. Bank should provide me with the bank letter stating that they had misplaced the cheque and a new cheque should be issued to them so that in future bank should never come back and try to extract amount as they are trying to do right now.

I request you to kindly intervene in this matter and help in closing down this matter for once & all so that I can be spare from the harassment which I am facing currently

Thanking you in anticipation,

Parminder Sehgal
    Email: sehgalparminder@yahoo.com
    +919818915438

+ Reply to Thread