+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Indian Railways e-ticket refund against TDR

This is a discussion on Indian Railways e-ticket refund against TDR within the Others forums, part of the Consumer Forums category; I booked 4 tickets under one PNR from IRCTC gateway from New Delhi to Asansol. Tickets were waitlisted. I waited ...

Unregistered

Default Indian Railways e-ticket refund against TDR

I booked 4 tickets under one PNR from IRCTC gateway from New Delhi to Asansol. Tickets were waitlisted. I waited upto the chart preparation. Out of 4 only one ticket was confirmed. One passenger traveled according to the confirmation. Ticket for 3 passengers were tried for cancellation through IRCTC gateway but it was informed by IRCTC that after the chart preparation the WL ticket could not be cancelled through gateway. TDR to be submitted for the WL tickets not traveled. Accordingly TDR was filed. As per IRCTC the TDR status is given below :

PNR Number 2634099762 Booked On 15-4-2010
    Transaction ID 0203590900T icket Type eticket
    Class 3A Date Of Journey 21/5/2010
    Ticket ChargeRs 4845.00
    Reason For TDR :Passenger Not Travelled. TDR Status :Forwarded To Railway
    Reference No :ekt2010052701281461 TDR Zone :ER
    TDR Filing Date :27-May-2010 Forward To Railway On :07-Jun-2010

It is almost going to be 4 months since the TDR was filed. Every time IRCTC is telling that it would take 90 days and more to get the refund. If it is so, why people will go for purchasing ticket through net using only available gateway irctc? In case of WL tickets people will invariably wait till the chart is prepared if their status within 10-15 in WL serial. I donít know why Railway would take 90 days and more to refund the money. If the ticket was purchased through railway counter, the refund would be a 30 minutes deal. By making the refund against WL ticket a deal of three months or more , Railway is forcing people to stay away from electronic purchase. It is not at all desired when we are very much in the digital age.

I strongly protest this non-sensical approach of Railway and demand immediate refund of my money from Railway.

rpesala.amp@gmail.com

Talking eticket cancellaton money is not refund

Hi Everybody !
    i am P Rajesh, and need help from you all regarding refund of e tickets.
    Actually i was traveling by a waitlisted e-ticket in Gnaga kaveri express 2670 from Varanasi to Vijayawada. And My PNR No. 2403903001, Dt 27/5/10, Booking on Metro optician@ Rajahmundry, I missed the train in varanasi. i cancel the my tickets on online. my money will be automatically transferred to your booking account.
    In this regard i have no communication with IRCTC and they told you amount not back while they will confirm message not given.
    it is almost 3 month over and i have not received my refund....
    what shall i do?
    please help me out in this regards
    thanking you all
    P RAJESH
    AMALAPURAM
    EAST GODAVARI Dist
    ANDHRA PRADESH

Unregistered

Default tdr how many months will take

21-10-10

m.nageswari
    chennai

i booked my ticket through irctc from kovilpatti to chennai but due to unavoidable situation the passengera are not tranvelled i had filled tdr on 18-10-10 and the ticket date is 16-10-10 how many moth will take for refund

S K Mahapatro

Default Delay > 1 and half years since TDR filed

I had filed TDR on 18th April 2009 with IRCTC for my travel by 2440 New Delhi to Ranchi on 17th April 2009, vide PNR 2459723142 and 2nd TDR on 3rd May 2009 for my travel in AC II due to AC Failure in 2440 New delhi to Ranchi with certification of TTE.

The 3rd TDR on 7th July 2010 from New Delhi to Howrah on Duronto Exp on 5th July 2010 as the train was delayed more than 7 hours and I had to travel by flight.

All are more than 3 months old. But no one in IRCTC takes it seriously except replying that they have chased the matter with their eastern zone office.

Can anyone suggest me what to be done? as I had personally chased the eastern zonal office of IRCTC at Kolkata and also railway office there and personally handed over the status of the file to concerned IRCTC official. But no result.

Suggestions can be given in cell no: 8986874312 also

jaggugeo

Default cancellation of e-ticket due to train-late morethan 3 hours

Good morning
    i am jaggu naidu G, and need help from you all regarding refund of e tickets.
    Actually we were supposed to travel by two confirmed e-tickets in hyderabad express from GUDUR (JN) to HYDERABAD (JN). And My PNR Nos. are following:
    1) 4124384418
    2) 4124384189
    Dt. of journey: 18/12/2010,
    Date of booking: 17/12/2010
    we are in time at the railway station but THE TRAIN WAS MORE THAN 3 HOURS LATE, which is of no meaning of our journey to travel by that time. so, i tried to cancel the tickets on online, it displayed "THE CHART WAS PREPARED FOR THIS TICKET YOU CANNOT CANCEL THIS TICKET".
    In this regard i asked the staton master and he adviced to book this complaint.
    so, please consider my complaint and re-fund my money back to my account

Thanking you all
    JAGGU NAIDU G
    e-mail: naidugeo@gmail.com
    phone: +91 9543731755

pratheesh1983@gmail.com

Thumbs down Ticket Cancellation thru TDR not got refunded!!

I had booked an e-ticket from Secunderabad to Bangalore for 4th of January 2011 in Rajdhani Express.
    Unfortunately on travelling day train was running late for more than 7hrs, so I cancelled my trip & opted to travel via road.
    Since that chart was already prepared I raised TDR on 5th Jan 2011 (within the time limit which is, 24 hrs after the arrival of the train.) but the amount is still not refunded to my account.
    I am pated the screen shot of the canceled ticket, for reference.
    Transaction Details
    PNR Number: 2414424772 Ticket Type: eticket Transaction ID: 0280639756
    Booked On: 2-12-2010 Class: 3A Internet Service Charge: Rs 20.00
    Date Of Journey: 04/1/2011 Railway Zone: SWR Bank: ICICI
    Total: Rs 1045.00 Train No: 12430 Ticket Charge: Rs 1025.00
    From Station: SECUNDERABAD JN(SC) Quota: General To Station: BANGALORE CY JN(SBC) IRCTC Zone: Regional Director /Southern Zone (IRCTC), Chennai
    Ticket Details
    S# Name Age *** Coach Seat Res-Status
    1 Pratheesh Rajan 27 Male B1 0030/ UB Booked
    TDR Details
    Reason For TDR: Train Late More Than Three Hou
    rs And Passenger Not Travelled
    . TDR Status: CCM Registered Reference No: ekt2011015001975134
    TDR Zone: SWR TDR Filing Date: 05-Jan-2011
    Refund Status: Refund under Process Refund Date: Not Available Refund Amount: Rs.0.00.

Unregistered

Default wrongly tdr

suppose i have made a ticket,journey date-25/04/2011,for 3 passenger in one pnr,but suddenly on date of journey 2 passengers are not being able to go,but till then chart was prepared.then i go for tdr filling.on filling the tdr i did mistake i filled the tdr for the passenger who was going instead of the passengers not going.will he be restricted on journey by TC.

Unregistered

Unhappy

Good evening,
    i am Ashish Pathak, and need help from you all regarding refund of e tickets.
    Actually we were supposed to travel by one confirmed e-tickets from Akola (J) And My PNR Nos. are following:
    1) 6254084990

Dt. of journey: 06/3/2011,
    Date of booking: 23-2-2011
    we are in time at the railway station but THE TRAIN WAS MORE THAN 3 HOURS LATE, which is of no meaning of our journey to travel by that time. so, i have filed the TDR for the same on 06-Mar-2011
    In this regard i asked the staton master and he adviced to book this complaint.
    so, please consider my complaint and re-fund my money back to my account

Thanks & Regard,
    Ashish Pathak

Unregistered

Default about refund

I booked 2 tickets under one PNR from IRCTC gateway from Parbhani to Hydrabad deccan. Tickets were waitlisted. I waited upto the chart preparation. Out of 2 only one ticket was confirmed. before train arriving at parbhani station i am cancell ticket . Ticket for 2 passengers were tried for cancellation through IRCTC gateway but it was informed by IRCTC that after the chart preparation the WL ticket could not be cancelled through gateway. TDR to be submitted for the WL tickets not traveled. Accordingly TDR was filed. As per IRCTC the TDR status is given below :

PNR Number: 1150546258 Ticket Type: eticket Transaction ID: 0335305523
    Booked On: 26-4-2011 Class: SL Internet Service Charge: Rs 10.00
    Date Of Journey: 03/5/2011 Railway Zone: IRCTC Bank: IDBIBANK
    Total: Rs 231.00 Train No: 57550 Ticket Charge: Rs 221.00
    From Station: PARBHANI JN(PBN) Quota: General To Station: HYDERABAD DECAN(HYB)
    IRCTC Zone: IRCTC

Ticket Details
    S# Name Age *** Coach Seat Res-Status
    1 LAHOTI BANSILAL 77 Male 0000/ Booked

2 LAHOTI KAMALA B 70 Female 0000/ Booked

TDR Details
    Reason For TDR: Passenger Not Travelled. TDR Status: TDR Entered Reference No: ekt2011053002514661
    TDR Zone: IRCTC TDR Filing Date: 03-May-2011
    Refund Status: Refund under Process Refund Date: Not Available Refund Amount: Rs.0.00

i not got exactly so please explain me what is this

Default No response after Filing TDR

Sir,

My Name is Parag Prasannan. I had booked a Ticket for my brother - in - law, Aneeshmon K. A. on 12-4-2011 when the waiting list was 7. Till 28/4/2011 the waiting list was only 5. So we had made another arrangement for travel. But I couldn't cancel the ticket on 29th, cos i couldn't access IRCTC. It was showing some server problem.I thought anyway it was in waiting list, it would get refunded.On 30th Morning by 8 a.m. when I somehow logged into IRCTC after many attempts, I found that, the ticket had got confirmed, but was of no use. Cos my Bro- in - law had left the previous day itself. I tried to cancel the ticket but it said I could not cancel the ticket after the chart is prepared. So I filed a TDR stating that the passenger has not travelled. Till Now I haven't got any response for it.
    First of all IRCTC website gets jammed if the traffic gets too much and people cannot access it.
    Because of that I was not able to cancel the ticket on the previous day before the chart got prepared.
    Why should I loose Rs. 2000 (1972) for a server problem of IRCTC?? And why so much delay in refunding the money?
    If you check the chart of TTR you can see that the person has not travelled on that day.

Below are the details of the TDR

Transaction Details
    PNR Number: 4328176428 Ticket Type: eticket Transaction ID: 0330549001
    Booked On: 12-4-2011 Class: 2A Internet Service Charge: Rs 20.00
    Date Of Journey: 30/4/2011 Railway Zone: NR Bank: Federal Bank
    Total: Rs 1972.00 Train No: 12625 Ticket Charge: Rs 1952.00
    From Station: KOTTAYAM(KTYM) Quota: General To Station: BHOPAL JN(BPL)
    IRCTC Zone: CCM/Refund, Northern Railway New Delhi

TDR Details
    Reason For TDR: Passenger Not Travelled. TDR Status: Forwarded To Railway Reference No: ekt2011043002501076
    TDR Zone: NR TDR Filing Date: 30-Apr-2011
    Refund Status: Refund under Process Refund Date: Not Available Refund Amount: Rs.0.00

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast