+ Reply to Thread

Airtel billing errors while roaming

This is a discussion on Airtel billing errors while roaming within the Mobile Billing forums, part of the Telecom category; Airtel had sent me a nonsense/inflated bill for Dec for my mobile - 9810706109. It has many spurious international roaming ...

Exclamation Airtel billing errors while roaming

Airtel had sent me a nonsense/inflated bill for Dec for my mobile - 9810706109. It has many spurious international roaming calls which I never made. There were incoming calls from a number '112' while I was in UAE and many outgoing calls to 9810098200. I had opened a ticket 41049366. Airtel called me later and said - the 112 number is some 'European Emergency' phone number and they all went to my voicemail - hence the charges. Now, I never received calls from any European emergency and the funny part is - all these calls are for few seconds and the incoming and outgoing calls are at the same time (same to the hour/minute/second). I'm NOT stupid to buy the logic that 'European Emergency' called me 10 times when I was in UAE. When I clearly indicated that I received NO SUCH calls from any European agency - someone closed the ticket DESPITE the fact that I was not in agreement with the resolution.
    My stand is simple - these are purely wrong calls on my bills - NO ONE in their right mind will accept this logic of incoming calls from 'European Emergency' while at UAE.
    Also note that I have been MORE THAN fair to Airtel and I have PAID the legitimate charges or Rs. 10,000/- for that month.
    I plan to complain to TRAI with all the e-mail exchange with Airtel for the same and I have been a Airtel customer for 10 years.

Wow!! Someone from Airtel - Rakesh Kumar - Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team) replied to my message here (I have a e-mail of the same too)... and then he person deleted his reply from this forum... Very funny - not sure what Airtel is afraid of. This vindicates my belief that Airtel is doing something terribly wrong....
    - kanchan ray

Mr. Rakesh - can you let me know what you mean by "resolved"? Also - send me the details of the "resolution" that you have made - I'd like to take a loot at that and see my available options.
    I have not agreed to any resolution so far and in fact I don't even know what the resolution is. If you want to "resolve" it unilaterally - good luck :-)
    Thanks,
    Kanchan Ray

+ Reply to Thread