Dear Sir,
An air-conditioner, Hitachi brand, 1.2 ton capacity, split type, bearing serial number 2979 was purchased by Shri Gagan Sachdeva (Mobile No: 9953029141), R/o 624, F/6, Govindpuri, New Delhi-110019 vide Bill Number B 14202/Book number 143 dated 11-10-2011 from M/s Thukral Time Centre (P) Ltd. , B 39A, Hansraj Sethi Marg, Kalkaji , New Delhi-110019.
The above AC was gifted to me (Satish Kumar Jain) in Oct 2011 on some occasion at my address indicated above.
In view of October 2011 to February 2012 being a cold season, he AC was not installed and was lying in packed condition at my residence. Further in the last week of February 2012 the above AC was installed by technicians concern available with M/s Thukral Time Centre (P) Ltd. At the time of installation the working of AC could not be checked as I was out of Delhi on long tour. On my return, I checked the working of AC and noted that it was not in working condition. As I was busy with my own assignments in the month of March and April, I could only take up the matter in the last week of April 2011 and lodged the complain at your service center, the complaint number given was 12042702320. The technicians visited my residence on 27th April 2012 and after necessary check-up they informed about replacement of one of the electronic parts of the AC and for that process they asked for the copy of the purchase bill. It is surprising to note as to why a consumer should agree for replacement of one of the parts of a defective AC when it could not run even for a while. In such as situation, it is expected from a renowned company like Hitachi to replace the defective piece of AC.

In view of above, it was requested that complete replacement of the AC may be provided at the earliest but the company has refused .
Thanking You.

Yours sincerely,
(Satish Kumar Jain)