Hi Folks

Star CJ alive is not at all responding to my emails since yesterday. I even contacted Inalsa through email. However, there is no response. I spoke to Darshan Dubey (grievance team) and he offerd me Provogue Kit as a compensation because I had to call their customer care dept. more than 20 times. Earlier they were continuously sending emails but when i asked about the compensation (Provouge Kit), they stopped replying.

Guys, when you order any product from Star CJAlive, you cant open it up ( cant check the delivered item) at the time of delivery. They will charge you for that particular product and if you find any problem then you need to call their customer care dept. and register a complain. In simple words you will have to chase them.

StarCJ Response Response@starcj.com
May 9 (2 days ago)

to me
Dear Mr.Bedi ,

Greetings !!!

As we discussed yesterday evening , we have already dispatched your missing item yesterday you should be recieving the same in 10 working days .

For the delay that happened from our end we are ready to offer a Provoge Kit .We will also ensure that we track this shipment till delivery .

Assuring you the best of services .

Thanks & Regards,
Customer Service