I had applied for a flat (3BHK+Study) vide registration challan no. S-107 in the Siddharth Vihar Yojna of UPAVP and deposited Rs. 3,80,000 as the registration amount in December, 2011. Subsequently, I requested for cancellation of registration vide my application dated July 5, 2012 and requested for refund of registration money of Rs. 3,80,000. However, I received a letter dated July 12, 2012 from UPAVP mentioning deduction of 20% of the registration amount i.e. Rs. 76000/- on account of allotment conveyed vide letter no, 1260 dated June 30, 2012. I received a cheque of Rs. 304000/- vide letter no. 3767 dated July 18, 2012. I requested for refund of balance amount of Rs. 76000/-. However, I have received a letter no. 7564 dated August 18, 2012 declining request for refund of Rs. 76000/-. My ground for seeking refunds are given below:
• After submission of registration form, there was no communication from UPAVP regarding the eligibility status of the applicant. The website of UPAVP was also not disclosing any details about Siddharth Vihar Yojna. Neither was there any notice for allotment / result, thereby not giving any access to applicant about the status of their registration. This despite the fact that website of UPAVP contains detailed milestones for many schemes from registration to allotment.
I also tried approaching Jan Suvidha Kendra helpline no 1800-180-5333, to access any information available on Siddharth Vihar Yojna, however, I was unable to get any information about the status of the Scheme.
Hence, there was no scope for the applicant to withdrew its application during the six month period ending June 30, 2012 since the closure of Scheme on December 31, 2011.
• There were some media reports also that have stated that as Siddharth Vihar Yojna has not received good response so there are plans to relaunch the scheme. The scheme is now again being launched as there was poor response for the earlier scheme. Still there is no such communication from UPAVP.
• There was no information to applicants that NUMBER OF APPLICANTS ARE LESS THAN THE NUMBER OF FLATS, thereby giving no opportunity to applicant to take decision about seeking refund.
• There was NO communication from UPAVP regarding the eligibility status of the applicant. The website of UPAVP was also not disclosing any details about Siddharth Vihar Yojna. Neither was there any notice for allotment, thereby not giving any access to applicant about the status of their registration. This despite the fact that website of UPAVP contains detailed milestones for many schemes from registration to allotment.
• The arbitrary way of UPAVP functioning in allotment is also reflected in communication for allotment. There was no mention of the flat no. allotted to the applicant. Can this manner of allotment be justified when the applicant is not aware of any details or procedure for allotment.
You will appreciate that Rs. 76000/- is substantial amount and deduction of such a huge amount for no mistake of applicant is unfair and irrational.
I have not only lost interest on Rs. 380,000 deposited as registration amount but with UPAVP deducting substantial amount of Rs. 76000/- from the registration amount, it is an unfair treatment to applicant.
I therefore request you to kindly refund the balance amount of Rs. 76000/-. I shall be highly grateful